Saturday, January 28, 2017

Just a quick word or two..

      Another week has passed! Times go by so quickly when you are studying and learning about what you are passionate about. Have you ever thought about how different family culture can be? Do you think about how you would like your family culture to be? What things could you start doing to mold your family culture to get it to be what you want it to be?
      Well, I have some thoughts for you! The older that I have gotten, the more I realize how parents really do set up their family culture. They choose how they communicate, how they eat, the amounts of time they spend together as a family and so forth. This has been neat to study since I am new at this whole marriage thing and Zach and I are trying to discover and set patterns for what we want for our family culture. There is one key element in family culture that I would like to touch on. Service, out of love. This key element can truly change the feeling in our family. This week, I have been playing close attention to all of the acts of service that Zach has done for me and the results of those acts of service. I have really been feeling the love that comes through his service. It is not the big things, it is the little things. He brought me chocolates while I was studying for my classes, he brought me water when I was already in bed, he cleaned dishes without me asking, he complimented me and said a nice word or two. These little bits of service make a huge difference not just in a marriage, but also in a life of a family. When children see their dad or mom serving. they will follow their example and serve those around them.
      This is a simple and easy way to show love to your family and develop a family culture of love and service. We know that when we are serving we feel happiness and love towards the people we are serving. In my mind, this is the most simple but amazing piece of culture that we can implement into our daily lives and into the culture of out family. Start today! Service, smile, and love. Don't you want your children and grandchildren to learn the importance of service? Be the example today!

No comments:

Post a Comment